Our vision it to be a growing local worshipping church sharing the hope of Jesus to all in our community. We are excited by the Diocesan Vision - Vision 2026, to create healthy churches transforming communities. We are fully on board with that vision.
Our particular values as a church and our priorities for the present year are below.
Our Values . . .
Grow up – grow in faith – in the knowledge and love of God
Grow in – grow in fellowship – with one another in the church family
Grow out – grow in number – reaching out and attracting more people to the church family
Our Priorities for 2018 . . .
- Launch Growth Groups (train leaders, launch groups and resource groups)
- Prioritise corporate prayer (through a new monthly central prayer event)
- Integrate new members (into Growth Groups, through Welcome, Confirmation, Baptism)
- Re-forming of internal communities and their associated pastoral care structures
- Re-ordering of worship space in the Nave (introducing chairs and improved audio-visual)
- Launch new café style weekly worship service at 2.30pm on a Sunday afternoon
- Launch new weekly youth worship service at 8.30pm on a Sunday evening
- Launch new midweek initiatives of mission to the vulnerable, isolated and elderly
- Redevelop publicity through new website, new magazine, new leaflets and new signage
In 2017, our Vicar, Damian, presented to the PCC at their annual Awayday at Whalley Abbey, a strategic plan taking us through to 2026. the heart of the plan is to bring growth in faith, growth in fellowship, and growth in number. To read the document, please click on this link to download it as a PDF.
At the Annual Parochial Church Meeting in 2018, Damian, as the Chair of the PCC, presented a report on the growth seen during 2017. You can read his report here.